ads

Great pranks to play on people 2

Great pranks to play on people 2

When you're out delivering newspapers in the middle of the winter, and snow has freshly fallen, you want to take out your annoyance on someone, and the sad fact is that most often all the customers are still comfortable in their beds.

One day, though, when I had to deliver to someone's ten-foot-high porch, I decided to have some harmless fun to call attention to the plight of your average newspaper guy. I had some red food coloring in my car for a birthday cake, and I bagged the customer's newspaper, took the coloring, and walked a short trail through the snow. I reached the porch, left a trail of footsteps going up the stairs, and put the paper inside the door.

Then I turned around, walked toward the railing, and wiped off two footprint-sized spots on the railing. I carefully walked backwards over my tracks, jumped onto the set of footprints leading back down the porch, and then walked backwards down to the bottom of the stairs.

Once on the ground again, I jumped, spinning in midair so I landed backwards a few feet closer to the ground near the railing. I almost popped a kneecap doing this in heavy boots, but I landed without skidding more than two inches. I walked backwards, then flopped down into four inches of dry snow below the railing. I flailed around in place with my arms and legs. Satisfied, I got up, then removed the food coloring from my inner coat pocket, and opened it. My gloves made the going clumsy, but a large quantity of red food coloring splashed on the inside of the disturbed snow. Finally I walked back to the car, sprinkling a wide trail of red food coloring to the left and right of me, and stepping through it.

The result of all this effort? A trail of footsteps led up to the porch, turned around, and led to the edge of the porch. On the snow below was the spot where I apparently had landed, coated in red. A crimson trail led back to the car, where whatever faceless person had delivered the paper still apparently had the presence to drive off.

No one ever called the office and complained. pranks to play on people

No comments:

Post a Comment